Saturday, July 14, 2012

Social Studies Staff and Community Involvement

The D.C. Everest Social Studies staff are a group of dedicated individuals who continually provide opportunities for students and give back to the community. One example of this is Brad Seeley, a high school social studies teacher. Brad will be completing an 86 mile run in one day. He will be running the entire Mountain Bay Trail from Green Bay to Weston. He is running to raise money for the Michael J. Fox Foundation which is trying to find a cure for Parkinson's disease. Brad is running this race to support his high school coach, Denny Holt who has Parkinson's disease. Denny taught and coached at D.C. Everest for many, many years. In 1976 I had the pleasure of starting my career at D.C. Everest with Denny Holt who became a friend and mentor as I spent my first years as a girls track coach under his tutelage. He taught me the ropes and then he moved on to the boys track team. Over the next thirty plus years I always considered him a great coach and educator. Brad was also greatly influenced by Denny.

Brad also assists his wife Caitlin each year at the Wausau Chalkfest.  Their drawings have won first place several times. This year's drawing features the well-known Rosie the Riveter propaganda poster from World War II.

1 comment:

Do Exams For Me said...

If you are one of such students who is seeking an expert to Take my exam for me , we offer affordable and confidential online exam help with results as bright as the sun.